"The program gave me a close-up view of political, business and social issues and trends, information that is invaluable to me as an entrepreneur and active participant in the success of our great state. The speakers were incredible� they inspired us and stretched our minds. The opportunity to connect with successful and dynamic California women leaders was a main highlight. Being part of Leadership California is like being part of a powerful sisterhood."
—Ursula C. Mentjes, M.S., ACC
President and Certified Business Coach
Potential Quest, Inc.
"I have enjoyed my involvement with Leadership California. Our trip to the state capitol was most enlightening. As a result I have gotten involved with the Los Angeles African American Women's Political Action Committee. Thank you, Leadership California, for sparking a genuine interest in the political process."
Director Corporate Diversity
"The CIT program brings together successful women from all over California, and gives them the opportunity to build a network with other successful women. It's a way to learn about the important issues in our state, and to get ready to take the next step in your professional life."
—Isela Vilchis Hoenigmann
"Leadership California has provided me a panoramic view of issues, challenges and opportunities for this lovely state that I live in. The program was my introduction to women of unbelievable talent, experience and passion who are set to make a difference. The feeling to want to be more, to accomplish more, is simply contagious. I hope to know these women for the rest of my life."
Manager, IBM Software Executive Briefing Program
Silicon Valley & Worldwide Briefing Program
"As a young immigrant woman working in the nonprofit sector, it was inspiring to see women leaders in action, to be able to network with them, and talk about the issues that are relevant to our communities and our state. I feel honored and privileged for the opportunity to participate in such an awesome program that weaves women leaders from different sectors and geographies of California to engage in a conversation about the social, political, and economic fabric of California."
—Winnie Hui-Min Yu
Asian Law Caucus
"I've spent half of my work life in the corporate world, and the past ten years in the nonprofit world, but neither taught me how to be who I am at work�the whole pastiche of talent and spirit. I found role models who excited me, the true state of our state of California (which frustrated me), work partners continually learning like me, and friends."
—Peta G. Penson, Ed. D.
Oakland Unified School District
"Leadership California sessions feature influential speakers and lively discussion on timely issues shaping the economy and workforce. The session on work-life balance struck a chord with me, where key leaders advised us to map out a personal career plan. Networking with other women was invaluable. Leadership California is an engaging and downright fun experience."
Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit Dept.
Healthy Eating, Active Living Project Manager
"Simply put, Leadership California is time well spent that will benefit me personally and professionally for years to come. I've not only kept in contact with my fellow classmates on a social level, but have had opportunities to work with some of them on business projects as our professional paths crossed. The sessions gave in-depth looks at the critical social issues that many Californians face, inspiring me to get more involved in my community�s outreach programs."
Manager of Corporate Public Affairs
A California Issues and Trends Graduating Class
Leadership California Day at Los Angeles City Hall provided an opportunity for alumnae from all class years of the CIT program to meet.
IN HER YEAR with Leadership California, each woman who attends the CIT program receives loads of thought-provoking and useful data. She discovers the benefits of belonging to a stellar peer network. She broadens her knowledge, acquires inside information about critical issues, and meets inspiring thought leaders from across the state. She develops a new lens to view her work and life, helping her gather momentum for change.
IN SHORT, THE CIT EXPERIENCE allows each woman leader to step back and look at the big picture: how does her current role fit with her vision of her own future? With California’s future?
FOR MOST, CIT is a year that’s all about the future. Alumnae often say, I loved my CIT experience! What’s next for me after CIT?
Our alumnae can realize benefits for themselves beyond their CIT experience and also make a difference for Leadership California when they:
• Apply to serve on the Leadership California Board of Directors. You can influence the future of the organization, the CIT program, and the future of women in our state.
• Attend LC to DC. Our biennial 4-day Washington D.C. program is a natural extension of CIT, with the same potent, top-notch content and speakers exploring the big issues and trends driving the national dialog.
• Become an ambassador for Leadership California. When delegations of women leaders from around the world visit, Leadership California women meet them at roundtables across the state.
• Participate in Alumnae surveys. Your opinions matter! We send surveys occasionally to conduct research studies and check on how we’re doing.
• Reply to Call for Volunteers. An email will arrive asking for your involvement. Say yes!
• Recommend CIT Session activities. Send us your bright ideas on speakers and field trips for our CIT Class.
• Join us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. We have a lively conversation going with nearly 400 of our alumnae on our LinkedIn page, and loads of reach on Facebook and Twitter.
• Serve on the Legacy of Leadership Awards Committee. Give your input and help select the women leaders we honor at our Legacy of Leadership Awards, our most inspiring event of the year.
• Refer women to the CIT program. You loved it. That amazing colleague of yours will too. We accept applications on a rolling basis, so she can apply now with only a few clicks.
• Work with us on building sponsor relationships and identifying companies that promote diversity, gender equity and support women’s leadership. Help them learn about us.
Help us define what’s next for Leadership California. Join us and take part in shaping the future of women's leadership in California.